WHAT IS GDPR?
It stands for General Data Protection Regulation. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU and EEA. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.
- What is GDPR?
- Why is this important?
- What do I need to do?
- Tool for GDPR.
- Steps to implement GDPR Policies on a website (BLOGGER/WORDPRESS/DEVELOPER).
- Steps to implement GDPR Policies for AMP ( ACCELERATED MOBILE PAGE).
What do I need to do?
While the GDPR is still very new, there’s guidance from data protection authorities and other groups across Europe on what is required to comply with both the GDPR and the e-Privacy Directive.
In short, now you have to tell your viewers that you are using their information in order to give them a better experience on your website or blog.
These solutions can be configured in different ways, to address the needs of your site. It’s important to note that such configurations won’t control the data collection or cookies on your site automatically.
So if you’re using third-party advertising services, such as Google’s, you’ll need to take steps to integrate your preferred solution with the advertising tags on your pages to make sure your users’ preferences are respected. Each vendor offers instructions or support services for doing this.
For Google GDPR
find more information on the EU User Consent Policy help page. If you are a publisher and use Google services, you may want to consider the tools mentioned below:-
- AMP: User control components in AMP to support consent requests
- AdMob: SDK updates and availability of new APIs
- Funding Choices for user consent: Solution to help publishers gain consent for serving personalized ads to EEA users. (For more details, please contact your Google account manager.)
Test carefully any implementation of these tools on your own site.
- Cookie Consent by Silktide
- Cookie Control by CIVIC
- Cookiebot by Cybot
- Cookie Consent Kit by the European Commission
STEPS TO IMPLEMENT GDPR POLICIES
To do so:-
2. Copy the POLICY PAGE link and paste it in:- CONFIGURE > LEARN MORE LINK
STEP Step – 5
The last step is to Copy your customization and implement it to Website or blog:-
After doing all the steps mention above Copy the code Present in the box:-
Regardless of what platform you are using every one of them Give you access to the header script:-
PASTE THIS SCRIPT IN THE HEADER OF YOUR WEBSITE AND YOU ARE GOOD TO GO.
GDPR CONSENT BANNER FOR AMP GOOGLE ADSENSE
If you are an AMP user on your website or blog(WORDPRESS) then you’re using AMP plugin. I recommend you to use AMP for WP
OPEN the setting after activation:-
Navigate to Noticebar tab > Notifications and turn in on.
ON WEB VIEW
Source- Google cookies choices