The google pixel launcher which is exclusive to PIXEL 2 has pretty nifty features. Which we will talk about in a minute. But I have a good news to share an XDA developer recently find a way to port pixel 2 official launcher to other smartphones & rootless installation to all the smartphone. And this developer also added some more features to it.
For those who love stock more than anything and cannot afford Pixel devices, this is a win-win situation for them (includes me). First, Pixel 2 original camera port now launcher – XDA is doing a marvelous job for everyone.
GOOGLE PIXEL LAUNCHER FEATURES:-
- NOTIFICATION DOTS
- IMPROVE GOOGLE CARDS
- PRESS AND HOLD FOR MORE INFORMATION
- FASTER & RESPONSIVE
- MOST RECENT APP
- TRAFFIC INFORMATION ON HOME PAGE
- NEW ANIMATIONS
- DESIGN TWEAK
I want to thanks, Amir Zaidi’s for a port of the Pixel Launcher’s features (plus extras) to Launcher3 from AOSP.
“While all Pixel Launcher features have been ported, there is also a large list of extras implemented by Amir himself.
- Provide simple app suggestions based on the number of drawer clicks. These are not the same as the real Pixel Launcher.
- Round icons from Android 7.1 Nougat are used when available.
- Support for icon packs with calendar icons that change with the date.
- The app filter hides icon packs from the app drawer when using one.
- There is a screen size profile for a 6×6 grid when the DPI is low.
- You can open and close notifications from anywhere on the home screen.
- There is a release link in the settings app when clicking About -> Version.
- Centered screen popups when left/right would go out of the screen.
- Remove the popup arrow when it is shifted to prevent clipping.
- Open the browser when using the search bar when the Google App is unavailable.
- Themes are hardcoded to look like the Pixel, for compatibility across OEMs.
- Resize all apps list when opening the keyboard.
- Use padding underneath the bottom search bar on devices without a navigation bar.
- Oreo only – Disabled adaptive icons for pre-Oreo apps, so you don’t get boxes inside of boxes.”